Monday, November 21, 2011

Will anything be finished?

I have been trying my hardest to finish off some projects before I start anything new.  And then there is always a set back of running out of fabric or you realise that you have no thread that matches.
So this is what I have been doing the past few weeks.

Do you remember these?

My place mats are being quilted.....oh and there are some little coasters to go with each set.
I may have to put this aside for another week while I decide what to do for the binding.
Any suggestions? I thought the prints might be too much to use as binding?



And I just have to finish off the hem on my Amy Butler Barcelona skirt....




There are a few more projects that need to be finished....doesn't seem to stop me from buying more fabric though....
Can you have too much fabric?  Because I think I'm beginning to run out of storage space soon.

Happy sewing!

8 comments:

  1. I'm not sure you can have too much fabric! The placemats are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of prints as binding and I agree with Archie, I don't think its possible to have too much fabric the answer is skinnier hangers or fold it smaller :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your projects are great! And I so understand your feeling that you will never finish up all the projects. I have so many quilts I want to start, but I really have to finish what I've started.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would black or charcoal work as the binding - it seems to be on all but one of your placemats?

    Great design - love that graphic look and the assymmetry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess you can have too much fabric - when you run out of room you have to use up some or give some away! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha...yeah that new fabric just keeps drawing us in, doesn't it? Love the placemats! I need to make a set of those myself for a Christmas gift....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too much fabric? Naaah. Never. ;) I was trying that whole "finish what I've started before starting something new"... but I flunked last night and started something new. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look lovely Erin. Join us at TGIFFriday.blogspot.com when you have a finish!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and do try my best to reply to them all.