Sunday, July 22, 2012

Buzz, buzz, buzz.........

I decided to bite the bullet and join my first Quilting Bee...


The Modern Quilting Guild is having it's first Bee and seeing everyone else seems to have fun from all their bee's, I thought that when one popped up, I would try it out...  I hope I won't disappoint.
A little scared but hey it can't be that hard...Or is it? 
Mmm, I better get myself organised for next March.......

This month was Sarah from Faryface Designs

Sarah asked us to make two blocks of Mod Mosaic Quilt Blogs from  Elizabeth's blog Oh Fransson. Sarah, such great blocks to choose.  I can't wait to see this quilt top.


Sarah's parcel arrived and I got to work on these this weekend....yes a little later than others but they are done.  Like a few others in the bee, I did find them a little tricky and although I thought I was doing OK on the first but the second was a lot harder.

We had an option to include a few scraps in as well and so I did as my second (red/pink) was a little on the small size....it might have been because while I was almost finished I found this on the floor.....

It must have been a sock in it's past life!

So here they are Sarah...hope you like them.  They will be in the post on Monday so on the 9pm train down to Cork.
 



Hope they arrive safely!
Erin

15 comments:

  1. You have made two great blocks. Love them! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute blocks! Loving the fabrics! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them!! The red is amazing :-) thanks Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh they are so cute - I can't wait to see Sarah's quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice workI i am planning on doing thisbfor my bee when it's my turn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blocks! They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're both lovely, but the red is by far my favorite. Well done!

    I want to join a bee someday... Maybe when my littles have grown some. I've always hesitated to join one for fear of letting down a bee mate when life inevitably gets in the way as it tends to do with small children in your life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice indeed; the owls are particularly cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what lovely blocks well done! I am in my first bee too and we begin in August oh the anticipation! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on joining your first Quilting Bee, I have recently joined my first two Bees, and like you was a bit worried about it all but I am thoroughly enjoying them. Now that you have the first two blocks under your belt the rest will be a breeze!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your first bee! What a great block to start with!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those blocks! The bee should be great fun! I have loved the ones I have joined, ( two bees and two swaps) so far, And another bee about to begin! They are quite exciting, and get you thinking in lovely new directions!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good for you! Have fun with your bee

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely blocks Erin, that looks like a fun bee!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job and well done on joining your first bee! Hope you enjoy it! I am queen bee for the first time this month and I love getting cute parcels in the post - everyone has done a fabulous job of my blocks!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and do try my best to reply to them all.