Saturday, April 6, 2013

And the sun came out.

A productive day had here in my Kitchen....yes I did say my kitchen.
Although I do have my sewing room, I have realised that I have sewn less and less when the machine is set upstairs, so I got hubby to bring it back down to the table in the kitchen and look what has been accomplished this week. 
My first attempt at the Tova pattern.

 
It was all going great until I have realised that there isn't enough fabric for the collar.  Back to Hickeys on Monday.  
 I have left lots of room for bump to grow at the front but should have shaped the sides a bit too, but seeing the pattern was so easy and quick, I will be making another.  Really I should have popped over before I started to Kerry's blog and checked her sewing tutorial series that was run last year. Kerry I will be back over at some stage.
 
I also got these finished today.  Bee a bit Stingy blocks for Jan for the month of March....(yes I know, I'm crap at these bees)
 
 
And last but not least, I couldn't resist a photo of my ever growing Starflower blocks in the lovely sunshine today,,, something we have had very little of.. sunshine that is. 
 

 
 
Happy Sewing.
 
Erin

14 comments:

  1. Great job!!!! I love the top, the colour is perfect for this pattern, dont you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for the sunshine! Your tova looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Tova looks great so far! I think I need to try that pattern. And your Starflower quilt is going to be gorgeous! At our old house I had a sewing room but got so much more done when I moved my machine to the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your sewing in the sunshine! The starflower quilt is going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your top looks lovely, how frustrating to run out of material though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shirt looks awesome! Collars are overrated ;). I just cut out this pattern last weekend and I do hope to get my act together and get it done for the spring (there is still snow here). The blocks are bright and cheery so it looks like you are feeling well too! I could barely create when I was pregnant - so jealous! Keep it going!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh and, about the sewing room, now that mine is on the same floor as my kitchen I do get so much more done. Not sure the rest of the household enjoys it though! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous top, love the red. And living the star flowers. I always sew at the kitchen table, but it does mean I always have to tidy up each time too

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kitchen sewing, when you can see the sunshine, can't beat it. Love your Tova xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sewing in the heart of the home is a good move. Great bee blocks and your top is looking good. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  11. The starflowers are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks lovely Erin as do your blocks...I must do mine for you, sorry - its been a bit mental here with the kids off for the last couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The top looks great, your star blocks are beautiful in the sunshine :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and do try my best to reply to them all.